A Gig Harbor-based developer plans to accept cryptocurrency as payment for their properties later this month.
Harbor Custom Development, Inc. will “accept digital currencies as payment for its publicly traded lots, building lots, homes, condominiums and apartments in the company’s Washington, California, Texas and Florida operating markets” effective January 24, 2022. it says in a current press release.
The company plans to acquire Bitcoin, Ethereum, USD Coin, XRP, Dogecoin, SHIBA INU, Binance USD, Wrapped Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dai, Bitcoin Cash, Pax Dollar & Gemini Dollar.
“The acceptance of digital currencies for our real estate offerings is a logical step for Harbor and demonstrates our flexible business model that sets us apart from our industry colleagues,” said Chief Operating Officer Jeff Habersetzer in the press release.
Harbor Custom Development operates around Puget Sound and Sacramento, California; Austin, Texas; and Punta Gorda, Florida.
Its website recently advertised homes in Tacoma, Bremerton, Belfair, Blaine, Texas, and California.
“By embracing digital currencies, Harbor is not only opening the door for companies with combined market capitalization of more than $ 1 trillion in purchasing power, it is also putting Harbor in a pioneering role in adoption,” said Sterling Griffin, President and CEO, in the Press release. “… Our clear goal is to increase shareholder value and at the same time act as a thought leader within our industrial group.”
Current local projects from Harbor Custom Development
- Soundview Estates, Bremerton: 25 apartments
- Mills Crossing, Bremerton: 36 townhome apartments under construction
- Pacific Ridge, Tacoma: 80 condos under construction
- Wyndstone, Yelm: 76 units under construction
- Olympic Sunset View Apartment Project, Belfair: 226 units under construction
- Tanglewilde, Olympia Apartments: 177 under construction
Harbor Custom Development’s future local projects
- Bridgeview Apartments, Port Orchard: 138 units, construction will start in spring 2022
- Broadmoor Commons, Bremerton: 32 townhomes, construction will start this month
- Westry Village, Poulsbo: 66 townhouses, spring 2022
This story was originally published January 10, 2022 5:00 a.m.
Follow more of our coverage on Instagram on The News Tribune
See all stories
Alexis Krell covers local, state, and federal lawsuits affecting Pierce County. She started reporting to the court in 2016. Prior to that, she was a night reporter for the News Tribune on crime and breaking news for nearly four years.